703 Hwy 71 N
Winslow, Arkansas 72959
Times of worship
Bible Class 10:00 AM
Morning Worship 10:45 AM
Evening Worship 6:00 PM
Bible Study 7:00 PM
Who We Are
The Winslow Church of Christ is an independent fellowship of believers, bound together by mutual faith in Christ and love for one another. Our emphasis is upon the complete restoration of 1st Century Christianity in the 21st Century. We would like to tell you a little more about what we are about:
- We Are Bible-Believing People. We believe that the Bible is the word of God and has clear and sufficient information to guide the lives of all those who seek to follow it. (2 Timothy 3.16-17) Each Christian is encouraged to read and study the Bible for himself as the final authority for all religious faith and practice.
- We Strive To Preach And Practice Bible Principles. Our aim is to be Christ-centered. We seek to be undenominational – simply Christians and Christians only. Our commitment is not to any human organization or creed, but to Jesus as Lord. (Luke 6.46) We are people drawn from many different walks of life who have been brought together by our common love and loyalty to Christ. We believe in the love of God, salvation by the blood of Jesus, and the indwelling of the Holy Spirit. (2 Corinthians 13.14) We seek to worship God in a way that is spiritual and devout and we believe that God hears and answers His children’s prayers. (James 5.16)
- We Preach Salvation By Grace Through Responsive, Obedient Faith. We believe that it is necessary for men and women to surrender to God’s grace by obeying the Gospel. (Romans 6.17, 2 Thessalonians 1.8) We believe that baptism is an essential part of that surrender as an expression of faith in, and commitment to, the Lordship of Jesus. When one is baptized he becomes “dead to the world.” So baptism is immersion — a burial like that of Jesus and a resurrection, like His, to newness of life. (Romans 6.3-4) Baptism is an introduction into the fellowship of Jesus and His followers, and the Lord’s Supper is a constant reminder of the existence of that fellowship.
- We Seek To Live Pure, Consecrated Lives. We are not a group of perfect people. We know that God has called us to deny ungodliness and worldly lusts and to live soberly, righteously and godly in this present world. (Titus 2.12) But we have made our share of mistakes in life, and, unfortunately, continue to make them from time to time; but our Father knows that this is by weakness, not by choice, and we sincerely seek His forgiveness. We have found a Friend Who loves us in spite of our shortcomings! His name is Jesus and our goal is to become more like Him every day. For this reason, we “press on toward the mark for the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.” (Philippians 3.14)
- We Are Committed To Reflecting God’s Love To Our Community And To The World. We are taught that God so loved the world that He gave His own Son for sinners. (John 3.16) With that example before us, we want to reach out in love to others. We love all our brothers and sisters in God’s family. We want to be friendly, hospitable and helpful to visitors. If you are searching or discouraged or reaching out for a closer walk with God, a warm welcome awaits you among the members of the Church of Christ.
Could these things be what you are looking for in a church home? We hope so because we care about you and your life with God. If you have never submitted to Jesus as Lord we would love to study the Bible with you. If you are a baptized believer who has wandered away from the Lord, will you allow us to assist you back into a vital, meaningful relationship with Him?
We don’t claim to have all the answers but we can point you to the One Who is THE
church at work
Throughout its history, the Winslow Church of Christ has been actively involved in efforts to preach the Gospel and care for the needy, both in our own community and in faraway places. We have been financially involved in evangelistic and benevolence works on five continents. We contribute support for two Children’s Homes in Arkansas — Southern Christian Home and Paragould Children’s Home. We are involved in works in Honduras, Nicaragua, the Philippines, the Czech Republic, Russia, and Ukraine. We support Truth for Today and Gospel Tracts International which take the Gospel into more than 100 countries around the world.
Truth for Today and Gospel Tracts International preach the word, often in places we cannot physically go, by means of the printed page!
Class for Mothers & Kids in Olomouc, Czech Republic taught by Josh & Sarah Beale who are members of a team composed of “Razorbacks For Christ”
Two Russian Christians. We are involved in Slavic Ministry through the work of Ronnie Morrison.
Fellowship of three congregations in the vicinity of Siguatepeque, Honduras for which the Winslow church has helped to provide support.
Children and visitors at Southern Christian Home in Morrilton, Arkansas. This is one of two children’s homes we help support.